Bunnel Test is used to distinguish between intrinsic muscles tightness & extrinsic muscle tightness.
Shre with Friends
What is Bunnel Test?
- Bunnel Test is used to distinguish between intrinsic muscles tightness & extrinsic muscle tightness.
How it's Performed?
- Examiner passively flexes PIPJ twice
- first with MCP in extension
- next with MCP held in flexion
What does a positive Bunnel Test mean?
- Intrinsic tightness present if PIP can be flexed easily when MCP is flexed but NOT when MCP is extended
- extrinsic tightness present if PIP can be flexed easily when MCP is extended but NOT when MCP is flexed
Gamekeeper Test is used to test for Ulnar collateral ligament tear at MCP of thumb
Durkan Test or as it called the carpal compression test is used to test for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome…
Phalen Test is used for Carpal tunnel syndrome
Latest from Orthofixar
De Quervain Tenosynovitis
De Quervain Tenosynovitis is a stenosing tenosynovitis of the abductor pollicis longus and extensor pollicis brevis tendons at…
Hammer Toe Deformity
The hammer toe deformity is one of the most common deformity of lesser toes of the foot. It’s…
Fracture healing is a series of events that is triggered from the moment of trauma that caused the…
A full understanding of pelvic anatomy is required to treat pelvic fractures, to prevent iatrogenic injuries, and to…