What is Distraction Test?
- Distraction Test is used for the Presence of Cervical Radiculopathy.
How it's Performed?
- Patient lies supine and the neck is comfortably positioned.
- Examiner securely grasps the patient’s either by placing each hand around the patient’s mastoid processes, while standing at their head, or place one hand on their forehead and the other on the occiput.
- Slightly flex the patient’s neck and pull the head towards your torso, applying a distraction force
What does a positive Distraction Test mean?
- A positive test is the reduction or elimination of symptoms with traction
Sensitivity & Specificity
- Sensitivity: 44 %
- Specificity: 97 %