Homans Sign is used To test the presence of Deep Vein Thrompophlebitis / Deep Vein Thrombosis
Shre with Friends
What is Homans Sign?
- Homans Sign is used To test the presence of Deep Vein Thrompophlebitis / Deep Vein Thrombosis
How it's Performed?
- Patient supine with the knee extended
- Patient’s foot is passively dorsiflexed
What does a positive Homans Sign mean?
- POSITIVE TEST: ( Medical Emergency)
- pain deep in the calf during dorsi flexion
- tenderness elicited on palpation of the calf
- pallor and swelling in leg,
- loss of dorsalis pedis pulse
Deltoid Ligament Test
Deltoid Ligament Test is used to assess the deltoid ligament using 3 separate passive movements
The squeeze test is also known as the fibular compression test. It is used alongside with the ankle…
Latest from Orthofixar
De Quervain Tenosynovitis
De Quervain Tenosynovitis is a stenosing tenosynovitis of the abductor pollicis longus and extensor pollicis brevis tendons at…
Hammer Toe Deformity
The hammer toe deformity is one of the most common deformity of lesser toes of the foot. It’s…
Fracture healing is a series of events that is triggered from the moment of trauma that caused the…
A full understanding of pelvic anatomy is required to treat pelvic fractures, to prevent iatrogenic injuries, and to…