Noble Test (Noble Compression test) is used for iliotibial band syndrome that causes pain and frictional over the…
Shre with Friends
What is Noble Test?
Noble Test (Noble Compression test) is used for iliotibial band syndrome that causes pain and frictional over the lateral epicondyle.
How it's Performed?
- The patient is supine. The examiner passively flexes the patient’s knee 90° and the hip approximately 50°.
- With the fingers of the other hand, the examiner gently presses on the lateral femoral condyle.
- Maintaining the flexion in the hip and pressure on the lateral femoral condyle, the examiner then increasingly extends the knee passively.
- Once the knee is in about 40° of flexion, the patient is requested to fully extend the knee.
What does a positive Noble Test mean?
- Noble Test is considered positive if palpable snapping or localized pain (that is increased with pressure) is elected over the lateral epicondyle of the femur especially at 30 degrees of flexion.
- Clinical Tests for the Musculoskeletal 3rd Ed. Book
Log Roll Test
The log roll test is the most specific special test used to assess hip pain. It moves the…
Barlow Test is used for Developmental dysplasia of the hip in newborn.
Trendelenburg Test is used to Identify weakness of the hip abductors. It can be used to assess other…
Latest from Orthofixar
De Quervain Tenosynovitis
De Quervain Tenosynovitis is a stenosing tenosynovitis of the abductor pollicis longus and extensor pollicis brevis tendons at…
Hammer Toe Deformity
The hammer toe deformity is one of the most common deformity of lesser toes of the foot. It’s…
Fracture healing is a series of events that is triggered from the moment of trauma that caused the…
A full understanding of pelvic anatomy is required to treat pelvic fractures, to prevent iatrogenic injuries, and to…