Talar Tilt Test
The Talar Tilt Test is used to examine the integrity of the calcaneofibular /deltoid ligament and Anterior Talofibular…
Shre with Friends
What is Talar Tilt Test?
- The Talar Tilt Test is used to examine the integrity of the calcaneofibular /deltoid ligament and Anterior Talofibular ligament.
How it's Performed?
- The patient lies in the supine or side lying position with the foot relaxed.
- The foot is held in the anatomic (90°) position, which brings the calcaneofibular ligament perpendicular to the long axis of the talus.
- Talus is then tilted from side to side into adduction and abduction
- The laxity is compared to the contralateral side.
What does a positive Talar Tilt Test mean?
- POSITIVE TEST: Excessive movement on adduction
Deltoid Ligament Test
Deltoid Ligament Test is used to assess the deltoid ligament using 3 separate passive movements
Heel Thump Test
Heel Thump Test is used to determine if there is a tibial stress fracture, evaluate ankle injuries and…
Latest from Orthofixar
De Quervain Tenosynovitis
De Quervain Tenosynovitis is a stenosing tenosynovitis of the abductor pollicis longus and extensor pollicis brevis tendons at…
Hammer Toe Deformity
The hammer toe deformity is one of the most common deformity of lesser toes of the foot. It’s…
Fracture healing is a series of events that is triggered from the moment of trauma that caused the…
A full understanding of pelvic anatomy is required to treat pelvic fractures, to prevent iatrogenic injuries, and to…