Valgus Test of the knee
What is Valgus Test of the knee?
- Valgus Test of the knee is used for the integrity of the medial collateral ligament.
How it's Performed?
- Patient is supine
- Place the affected leg in extension and slight external rotation.
- Stabilize with one hand on the medial malleolus and with the other hand stabilize the lateral aspect of the knee.
- Apply a medially directed stress on the lateral knee.
What does a positive Valgus Test of the knee mean?
- Positive Valgus Test: Presence of pain and hypermobility at the medial aspect of the knee